Two of the most common frame materials available today are the Fibrex® composite material and aluminum. We at Renewal by Andersen®, the premiere Kansas City window contractor, want to make it easier for you to choose the right kind of material. Here, we listed the top five reasons why our revolutionary Fibrex is better than aluminum:
1. Environmental Responsibility. Fibrex is composed of 40% reclaimed wood fiber and 60% thermoplastic polymer. Pre-used Fibrex windows are also reclaimable, and can be made to make new ones. Fibrex was made with the environment in mind.
2. Durability. Because of its composition, Fibrex is built not to warp, bend, chip, or corrode. It can last long enough for you not to need repairs or replacements done in the near future.
3. Insulation. Unlike aluminum, Fibrex has very low thermal conductivity which reduces the amount of heat or cold transferred inside the home. With Fibrex’s ability to minimize heat and cold transfer, which leads to…
4. Energy Efficiency. Because of its insulation property, Fibrex windows are energy-efficient. You can maintain the comfortable temperature inside your home without pushing your energy bills through the roof.
5. Aesthetic Appeal. Because Fibrex is a wood/polymer composite, it is much more flexible in terms of style, shape, and finish whereas aluminum usually has sharp corners in their frame, due to the metal being bent in 90° angles.
If you want a natural-looking and durable material for your windows, call your reliable window experts here at Renewal by Andersen of Kansas City. We are the factory-certified contractors who are expertly trained to install the revolutionary Fibrex frames for double-hung, picture, bay and bow, sliding, awning, and casement windows in Kansas City.
Call us now if you have other questions about Fibrex.