Renewal by Andersen is the exclusive start-to-finish window and door replacement division of Andersen Corporation – the most recognized window brand in the U.S. Join us on our quest to drive change and innovation inspired by customer needs.
SUMMARY: Responsible for mixing, matching, and applying paint to various surfaces, completing touchups, and coordinating large painting projects. Utilize pre-coating agents, filling and leveling materials, and mix and match colors and textures. In addition, they read blueprints, drawings, technical specifications and material data sheets in the successful completion of assigned painting task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all types of residential painting/staining work.
- Prepares various surfaces for painting/staining by washing, scraping, sanding, sandblasting or other means as necessary
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimates cost
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting/staining
- Tape off areas when needed
- Clean walls/surfaces to ensure proper adherence
- Mixes, matches, and blends various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, stains and special protective coatings to achieve desired color
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection
- Caulks, putties, cements or plasters holes and cracks. Cuts and replaces glass in windows and doors
- Erects and uses ladders, scaffolding, and swinging stage equipment as required
- Paints/stains doors, windows, structures, equipment, using brush, spray gun or other applicator
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites
- Applies paint/stain according to paint/stain directions or as supervised
- Maintains records and logs as needed
- Performs related duties as needed or assigned.
- High School Diploma preferred but not required
- Must have at least three years of experience at a level equivalent to that of a journeyman painter/stainer
- Must be able to follow compound specifications for mixing of paints/stains and painting/staining techniques, handle huge material movement, and maintain correct record and general recordkeeping.
- Considerable knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and techniques associated with painting/staining trade
- Must have driver’s license with good driving record
- Contractor shall maintain Comprehensive Commercial General Liability Insurance with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000 per Occurrence, $1,000,000 Personal Injury, $2,000,000 Products-Completed Operations Aggregate.
- Contractor shall maintain Automobile Bodily Injury & Property Damage of $1,000,000
- Contractor must have truck/trailer, and all necessary equipment to complete each job.
- A complete list of requirements will be provided upon being hired.