Technical Measure/Service Representative
Renewal by Andersen of Kansas City is the exclusive start-to-finish window and door replacement division of Andersen Corporation – the most recognized window brand in the U.S. Join us on our quest to drive change and innovation inspired by customer needs. We are seeking a highly qualified Technical Measurer/Service Representative to add to our staff and support continued growth on our Kansas Team.
Measures window & door openings and reports accurate findings used in the manufacture and installation of custom windows and doors by Renewal by Andersen of Kansas City. Provide superior customer service and repair on Renewal by Andersen of Kansas City products.
- Support Sales Consultants during the sales process of quoting sales pricing to customers by providing accurate measurements and assessments for labor/materials.
- Analyzes customers situations, determine corrective action to be taken and verify that the action taken has fixed the situation. Interface with customer in a respectful manner, giving the customer the information and explanations that are helpful in understanding the situation and corrective action.
- Remains focused on the customer’s issues and concerns; responding to requests in a thorough and timely manner.
- Provides installation solutions that match customer’s expectations of cost effective, installed, window replacements.
- Adapts product specifications to the installation requirements, utilizing a thorough knowledge of all Renewal products.
- Recognizes situations that would impact customer expectations, job costs and/or code performance and provide solutions.
- Self-manages assigned work schedules and work orders; set priorities and schedule appointments with customer. Is dependable & punctual in meeting commitments to co-workers and customers.
- Completes and submit required paperwork that is neat, accurate and thorough; ensure that all paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Keep team members (sales, CSR’s, other service reps, management, etc.) informed as needed of customer interactions & actions taken.
- Provide accurate measurements and documentation of job-related circumstances in a timely fashion.
- Follows established Renewal processes, making recommendations for process improvement. Keeps current on RbA product & installation process changes. Recommends, and may write, technical tips for Renewal installation or service. Helps maintain an updated service procedure manual.
- Assists with installation and service work as required.
- Coaches, trains & supports service team members; looks for opportunities to learn from others and to develop/teach others as needed.
- Actively pursues continuous self-development that is job and/or industry related.
- Maintains prescribed vehicle stock levels and ensures material is available to perform on-site service work; maintain clean & organized vehicle.
- Keeps service area neat and organized. Inventory service stock area of warehouse; request material replenishment as needed. Provide detailed information to CSR’s.
- Strives for customer satisfaction by ensuring that customers accept proposed solutions and/or alternate techniques.
- Portrays a professional appearance with clothing, vehicle and personal actions on-site.
Renewal installation experience strongly preferred or the equivalent from another major window/door company.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with window installation/service/technical measurement preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Work experience with basic construction techniques; good knowledge of basic construction and building materials; knowledge of the terminology of the industry.
- Mechanical aptitude: ability to dismantle and reassemble doors, windows, window coverings, and hardware.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving and decision making skills; follow systematic approach in situational analysis and definition; arrive at acceptable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently handle confrontation/conflicts using a tactful and diplomatic approach; Ability to maintain perspective under demanding conditions.
- Ability to maintain perspective in resolving people conflicts.
- Proven customer resolution skills required; customer oriented.
- Diagnostic skills; assessment, problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills; strong listening and empathy skills.
- Clear and readable written documents, graphics, drawings and messages.
- Basic math skills
- Proven organization skills; prioritize and organize tasks, efficiently and effectively. Detail oriented. Organizational skills for managing work schedules, job priorities and stock levels.
- Willingness to work variable work hours, adapt to schedule changes & accept process changes.
- Initiative; ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Criminal background check required.
Our homeowners value integrity and quality. If you share these values and your goal is to use your talents to insure customer satisfaction, we want to hear from you! Please forward your resume to email@example.com