The loveliest and most energy-efficient windows in today’s market are only as good as its installer. That’s why when investing in widow replacement, you have to make sure you’ve picked the right contractor for the job. Fortunately, looking for a reliable one isn’t that difficult nowadays, especially when you know the points to keep in mind.
Let Renewal by Andersen® of Kansas City, your provider of quality residential windows in Independence, MO, help you narrow down your list of prospects with these five handy tips.
1. Get referrals. You can start with your search by getting recommendations from your friends and neighbors. This provides a more accurate description of what your experience with a given window contractor will be. Hiring someone from your area is also an ideal choice—since they’re local, you won’t have to worry about travel times and you can rest assured that they have firsthand understanding of your area’s weather conditions.
2. Do your research. When referrals simply aren’t enough, you can augment your selection process with a little help from the Internet. Check their legitimacy by looking them up on the Better Business Bureau, which confirms if your prospect has the right business licenses and certifications to expertly install your casement or double hung windows in Independence, MO. You can also check their reviews and scores while you’re there.
3. Be wary of underbids. You don’t want a contractor that cuts corners on your project. A dependable contractor will work with you to establish an accurate estimate and negotiate a fair contract and payment.
4. Ask for proof of insurance. This should include workers’ compensation and liability coverage, which protects you and your investment if an accident occurs in your property.
5. Look for solid warranties. A reliable window contractor should have strong warranties that cover your picture or sliding windows in Olathe against material defects and sloppy workmanship. Renewal by Andersen® of Kansas City, for instance, offers a 20-year limited warranty on glass, two-year limited warranty on installation, and 10-year limited warranty on other window components.
When looking for a premier window company to help you with your project, turn to Renewal by Andersen of Kansas City. We offer a wide selection of lovely and durable windows that fit your needs.
They use our exclusive Fibrex® composite as framing material, providing the strength and insulating properties of wood with the low maintenance value of vinyl. When combined with our High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass, these windows will help you keep a more comfortable home without the high energy bills.
All of our windows come with 20-year limited warranty on glass, two-year limited warranty on installation, and 10-year limited warranty on other window components, for greater ease of mind. Turn to Renewal by Andersen of Kansas City for your window replacement needs. Fill out our form today for a free estimate.