Installation quality is crucial to your windows’ long-term performance, which makes it just as important a factor when planning on getting new windows. In today’s post, local replacement window company Renewal by Andersen® of Kansas City shares signs that your windows are not installed properly.
Signs That Your Windows Are Not Installed Properly
The following are some of the signs that typically indicate window installation errors.
1. Gaps between sill and frame — Gaps between the window sill and frame indicate improper leveling, and can result in drafts and long-term window operation problems.
2. The windows leak when it rains — Properly-installed windows should form an airtight seal when closed. Rainwater leaking through the windows indicate improper alignment or warped windows.
3. The windows are hard to open and close — Improper installation is one of the few reasons why windows are difficult to open and close. For example, what seems to be faulty hardware on hard-to-crank casement windows, can be corrected with hardware and sash adjustments.
4. Messy and uneven window seals — Properly-applied window seals should be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Applying caulking cleanly and evenly takes training to do properly. Uneven seals can develop leaks over time as the caulk ages.
5. Condensation between glass panes — Condensation on the indoor or outdoor glass surface is normal, but between glass panes it is not. The latter indicates a leak that could be caused by one or more of the following: manufacturing error, damage during delivery, or careless installation.
Why Work With Renewal by Andersen?
We at Renewal by Andersen know the importance of installation quality, and how it affects how you use your windows. This is why all of our installers undergo strict training and certification: this helps make sure that our installation work meets or exceeds our standards of quality, resulting in hassle-free operation. In case our installation work doesn’t live up to our quality standards, our limited warranties include coverage for workmanship.
Renewal by Andersen® of Kansas City is your leading provider of replacement windows. Give us a call at (913) 385-1300. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve customers in Kansas City, MO, and the surrounding communities.